Friday 18 April 2014

Mixed Media 3D Art Canvas - Spring

My latest mixed media project with a season appropriate theme of Spring.  Recorded for You Tube.

Supplies:
Loxley Canvas: 10 x 5"
PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Paints:

  • Bora Bora
  • Nougat
  • Mocha Mousse
  • Chocolate Pudding
  • Sherbet
  • Claret
  • Ice Blue
  • Sky
  • Baltic Blue
  • Stone 
  • Mud Splat
Golden:  Fluid Acrylics: Carbon Black, Titanium White
Golden:  Gesso
Plaid:  Crackle Medium
Silks Acrylic Glazes: Ice, Moonbeams, African Jade
Paper Mache boxes - Ebay
Wooden Eggs - Ebay
Styrofoam block - (for drying the eggs)
Head Pins (to stand eggs on whilst drying & placing into Styrofoam block)
Nest: The Altered Element (Now out of business)
Reindeer Moss - Ebay
Silicone Moulds:
  • KBK Silicone Moulds (Rabbit)
  • Butterfly (PMC)
  • Wild Flights Set (Best Moulds)
  • Poinsettia & Holly Set (Best Moulds)
Veined Leaf Cutter: Ebay
Fimo Soft: White
Sculpy Gloss Varnish
Pergamano Tear off palette
Natural Twigs
Feathers - Ebay
Twine - Hardware Store
We R Memory Keepers - Circle Punch
Archival Ink: Potting Shed
Stampin' Up - Itty Bitty Backgrounds
Brushes: Langnickel 2" Wash, Royal 1" Glaze, Reeves #10 Flat, Art Master Detail Brush
Ranger Cut N' Dry Foam

17 comments:

  1. Breathtakingly beautiful! Thank you for brightening my day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, I love watching you work and always look forward to what you'll do next. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't find enough words to describe how beautiful this is , it is beyond my knowledge but
    I will say it is fantastic and that statement just not is enough wow wow!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Rachel ... a masterpiece as usual and truly beautiful! You are such an inspiration to us all! Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love watching you create. Don't know if you can tell but I follow your blog through netvibes (do not like bloglovin) thanks as always for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rachel you really are an inspiration and have encouraged me to try lots of mixed media art which I've found I love, thanks for sharing and showing what's possible. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. pretty nice blog, following :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful,amazing,beautiful.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tis turned out absolutely lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! I know I'm a couple years behind everyone else, but found your video whilst looking for Spring inspiration for a DT project I'm doing, I adore this and love that you sped up the video so that it was a decent length but not too much that supplies and technique were a blur ( I find this to be the case often on others unfortunately). Your project is truly amazing and it's really inspired my to look beyond my comfort zone ( was going to say out of the box but that sounded obvious and cheesy in this case haha). Suffice to say, I've now subscribed on you tube and will also check out your other projects both on yt and blog. Thanks for sharing your talented projects. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it. I always try hard to present my videos clearly, but without being unnecessarily long - afterall, most of us have other things to do most of the day, lol :-)

      Delete